South London Period Property with Private Garden (West Dulwich). Home Studio.
Also within 15 minutes of 35 Stunning Parks, (Also Ancient Woods, Gardens & Lakes)!
& Many Other Photoshoot Attractions -Read On..!
Please enquire for prices.
- I can also offer you an exclusive beautiful and homely venue for photo-shoots -a gorgeous 3 bed period property (1900) in West Dulwich. This is great for London clients who do not want to travel and it has a mature, private garden. It is also situated next to numerous stunning parks and contains a home photography studio. (Please note some of the decor has changed however the feel is essentially the same).
- South London, zones 2 & 3 -all of these over-grounds are within a 15 minute walk of the property: West Dulwich, Tulse Hill (zone 2), West Norwood, Sydenham Hill & Gipsy Park.
- Venue in one of the greenest part of London -South London -within a 15 minute drive of around 35 parks which serve as wonderful backgrounds for more photographs! E.g. you can do part of your photoshoot at the venue and the rest in a nearby park of your choice. The following parks are within 15 minutes of the venue:
- E.g. Brockwell Park, Dulwich Park, Crystal Palace Park, Norwood Park, Belair Park, Sydenham Wells Park, Brenchley Gardens, Dulwich & Sydenham Golf Club, Streatham Common, Norbury Park, Westow Park, Upper Norwood Park, Ruskin Park, Wandsworth Common, Tooting Bec Common, South Norwood Lake and Grounds, Betts Park, Grangewood Park, Sydenham Wells Park, Mayow Park, Horniman Gardens, Dawson's Hill, Peckham Rye park, Camberwell Park,Branchley Gardens, Aquarius Golf Course, Greendale Park, Clapham Common, Milkwood Community Park, Loughborough Park, Wyck Gardens, Max Roach Park, Sunray Gardens, Horniman Gardens and more not listed here! Some contain ancient woods, lakes and more! & this list is some of the ones within 15 minutes of the period property -if you can spare 20, 25 minutes etc then there are even more...!
- Travel time to parks is part of the shoot length for the South London Period Property photoshoots so it's best to choose a nearby park (of which there are many -some within minutes-). Travel fees, using Uber or a local taxi company, will be additional. (I don't travel in clients cars and also Ubers/taxis are more time & money efficient as we don't waste time looking for parking or have to pay for parking).
Above: Brockwell Park (5 minutes away from property).
- There are also many architecturally beautiful photoshoot locations nearby e.g. Dulwich College (see two photographs below) and many more venues... These photoshoot locations can also be visited after photographs at the period property above. Dulwich college, for example, is only a 4 minute drive away from the venue... perfect for wedding & engagement photography, graduation celebratory shoots, family photoshoots and far more.
- NEARBY PLACES YOU COULD COMBINE YOUR PERIOD PROPERTY SHOOT WITH.
- ALTERNATIVELY YOU CAN CHOOSE ONE OF THESE VENUES/PLACES, OR MORE, FOR A PHOTOSHOOT WITHOUT HAVING PHOTOGRAPHS AT THE PROPERTY.
- ALSO IDEAS OF PLACES TO VISIT -ORGANISE A FULL DAY OF FUN AROUND YOUR SHOOT/S. (Full photoshoot days with tailored tours available -for example as wedding gifts -see below).
As well as the plentiful parks (see above), there are also all sorts of nearby attractions that are great for photoshoot opportunities -please see this incomplete list of ideas below -most are only 5 to 10 minutes away from the South London photoshoot venue & so you can start the shoot there and continue onto another location (or several) of your choice...
(This is by no means to imply that I do not shoot outside of my area/s -I travel worldwide for work and no-where is too far. Please enquire).
Even if you can only fit one or two into your photoshoot, why not make your whole photoshoot day a fun day & (before or after your shoot) explore some of the places and events below? Especially recommended if you don't live in the area! I've put a wide range of ideas below -many are not typical wedding/engagement photoshoot locations (but I'm open to you wanting an unusual shoot) however I've included them in the list anyway so you have a choice of places to visit.
You can also have your day filmed (in 4K Ultra HD) and have a video made out of it.
- Love period elegance? Need to host an event, wedding reception or ceremony? Belair House (6 minutes) http://belairhouse.co.uk/ Beautiful period rooms & gardens.
- Prefer Arty? Classical? Dulwich Picture Gallery -public art gallery -5 minutes away. www.dulwichpicturegallery.org.uk Hired for weddings: www.dulwichpicturegallery.org.uk/venue-hire/
- Want a village-y background for photoshoots? Herne Hill (8 minutes) www.hernehill.org.uk Also...
- Dulwich Village (6 minutes) -www.kfh.co.uk/south-east-london-and-north-kent/dulwich-village/ (Ps: Dulwich farmers' market every Saturday).
"Mansion houses, millponds, a golf course and horse riding trails… in Dulwich Village you’d be forgiven for thinking you’d stumbled on a rural idyll,albeit one in Zone 3 and 17 minutes to London Bridge. It is one of the few inner London areas that has managed to maintain a ‘true’ village charm, ...these earned Dulwich Village its conservation area status in 1968. This exclusive and upmarket area has a charming, old world atmosphere with mature chestnut trees, leafy streets, white picket fences and a great range of independent shops, boutiques and cafes, as well as a Grade II listed pub. The area’s expansive and attractive green spaces are its biggest draw, from Dulwich Park, where highwaymen once terrorised local nobility, to Dulwich Wood, where the court of Charles I met to hunt deer. Famous for its art gallery and open spaces...Steeped in history, the architecture of Dulwich Village is period and traditional, with a variety of Georgian architecture surrounded by Victorian and Edwardian properties that came with the railways in the 1870s. A few delightful ‘rose cottages’ can be found discreetly tucked away in the heart of the neighbourhood, as can a number of idyllic 1920s/1930s houses with their abundance of light and space".
Pictures above (from left): Belair, Dulwich Picture Gallery, Herne Hill, Dulwich Village.
- Hungry after all your adventures? Fancy a Victorian pub (with outside areas/'gardens') for your photoshoot or group? (Rooms for hire). Or just want somewhere for your other half to relax whilst you do your photoshoot? (There's also a kids play area)...The Rosendale Pub & gardens -(originally a Victorian coaching inn) -1 minute away www.therosendale.co.uk
- Would you like to do a fun photoshoot? Have kids? Crystal Palace Park (a huge park) is a 6 minute drive away and has a dinosaur park full of life-size dinosaur models! My nephew talked about it for months! http://cpdinosaurs.org/visitthedinosaurs
- Perhaps you want to get a present for someone who loves golf -why not get them a golf-themed photoshoot at one of the nearby golf courses? (e.g. Father's day/Mother's day/Birthday or Xmas present for a family member, partner or friend). Dulwich and Sydenham Hill Golf Club is also only a 6 minute drive from the South London period property, so you can do some photos at the property (e.g. in the studio) and some at the golf course. Or just treat yourself to a game of golf before or after your photoshoot! www.dulwichgolf.co.uk/
- Want photoshoot background that are a bit more funky, diverse, arty and edgy? E.g. for a fashion portfolio? Or a music CD cover? Or for Facebook? Brixton is only 12 minutes from the venue and Brixton market has loads of character plus there are loads of cool bars, clubs and restaurants. https://brixtonmarket.net/ & www.kfh.co.uk/south-west-london-and-surrey/brixton/
Pictures above (from the left): The Rosendale Pub (wedding room), Crystal Palace Park, Dinosaur Park, Dulwich & Sydenham Golf Course, Brixton market. Double click to enlarge photos then use arrows to scroll (may not apply to mobiles).
- Does the subject of the photoshoot love sports? Numerous playing fields & sports facilities -all within 5 minutes e.g. Dulwich College Sports Club as well as other sports clubs and playing fields. www.dcsportsclub.co.uk
- Love history? Crystal Palace -the actual palace & also the place -7 minutes. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Crystal_Palace & www.kfh.co.uk/south-east-london-and-north-kent/crystal-palace
- Love food? The West Norwood Feast (food market -first Sunday of the month) -6 minutes. West Norwood has a more urban feel compared to the rural Dulwich Village. http://westnorwoodfeast.com
- Group photos? If you for example have a group and want a large indoor venue then there is the Emmanuel Church Youth & Community Centre within a 20 second walk of the West Dulwich period property. It's not much to look at from the outside but you can access/rent the following rooms: very large open space/hall on the ground floor (used for church services, drama groups, etc), arts and crafts room, games area (with table tennis and table football), art room/conference room, IT suite. Seatings and tables available. www.ecycc.org.uk/page/42/bookings-facility-details
Photographs above (from left): Dulwich College Sports Club, Crystal Palace, The West Norwood Feast, Emmanuel Community Centre.
Click to enlarge.
Click to enlarge.
- Love theatre? Edward Allen Theatre -3 minutes. www.fosterwilsonarchitects.com/all-projects/edward-alleyn-theatre/
- Love learning? Horniman Museum (8 minutes) www.horniman.ac.uk The Horniman Gardens are another option for outdoor photoshoots: www.horniman.ac.uk/visit/displays/gardens
- Love plants? The Alleyn Park Garden Centre, (2 minutes away) -feel free to call them and see if you can do a shoot, or a few photographs, here www.alleynpark.co.uk This may only have enough variety for a couple of shots but it's close enough to be combined with other venues.
- Love animals &/or horse-riding? Dulwich Riding School (6 minutes): www.dulwichridingschool.co.uk
Photographs above (from left): Edward Alleyn Theatre, Horniman Gardens, Alleyn Park Garden Centre, Ride a horse for your wedding photoshoot
-e.g. at the Dulwich Riding School.
- West Dulwich area guide www.kfh.co.uk/south-east-london-and-north-kent/west-dulwich/
- Clapham area guide (11 minutes) www.kfh.co.uk/south-west-london-and-surrey/clapham/ Nb. There's Clapham Common, Clapham Junction, Clapham Park, etc -google...
- Loads of events in the Lambeth borough -you can search by date... www.lambeth.gov.uk/events
- There are so many options that I can't list them all but let me know what you are looking for and I can also suggest other ideas.
- This is by no means to imply that I do not shoot outside of my area/s -I travel worldwide for work and nowhere is too far. Please enquire
- * Please note that I have no affiliation with, or financial agreement with, any of the venues/events I have suggested. Please check with the venues that it is ok to do a photoshoot, and to do one on your chosen day/time -a minority may charge a fee however this has nothing to do with me. Please book your shoot to co-ordinate with the opening times of whichever venues/parks, etc, that you wish to visit. Also it's best to have an indoor Plan B incase there is rain! I can help you with this.
- Please inform me in advance of any locations that you want to visit & we can arrange a shoot schedule.
GIFTS & TOURS:
- You can add photoshoots, & full day packages, to your wedding lists or ask someone else to get one for you as an engagement or wedding gift. Or just treat yourself!
- Your day can also be filmed (in 4K Ultra High Definition) and a video made of it. Editing provided.
- Tours and photoshoots are also great for hen & stag days and weekends.
- If you want to give someone, or a couple, a photoshoot as a gift (as an Engagement or Wedding gift -or even for a B'day, for Xmas/Eid/Diwali/Easter/Etc, Valentines, Mothers'/Fathers' Day -or just because your nice) -please call me and let me know a bit about the subjects' personality and interests -I can prepare the perfect package!
- This can involve full fun day packages where I can guide you/your group/your family & organise visiting various locations. (Who better to show you round than a local)? You/ your group can periodically have photographs taken at each place (especially good for tourists visiting the UK but open to anyone -it's easy not to explore London when you live here)! Open to individuals, couples and groups. (Clothes from photoshoots earlier in the day can be left in the South London property and collected at the end of the day, likewise this venue can be used to change in, sort out make-up, etc, in between locations).
MORE ABOUT LONDON PARKS:
If you would like to research more London parks for location ideas then I’d suggest typing the park name into Google Images and looking through photographs.
If considering/planning a photoshoot at the South London Period Property then I’ve listed some of the parks within 15 minutes of the property above –you can look through these and pick your favorite one.
Another option is to look through the following links (please note these tend to focus on Central London parks) or others like them…
Photoshoots can take place in any park in London however there may be a travel time fee & possible travel fee if parks are far from where I am based or working from (West Dulwich, South London). Please enquire –this will depend on the length of the shoot.
Exclusive, Luxury Photoshoot Locations -Dubai & Near London:
London: 00 44 7507 829 341
(If calling from the UK: 07507 829 341)
(Dubai -I am only in Dubai sometimes so please only call this number if you know I am (email). I will not be checking this number if I am not:
00 9715 50 498 1920)
WhatsApp available. Please send requirements with first message.
Skype & FaceTime available (please arrange an appointment via text/email).
If you don’t get through calling, please email. (Missed calls may not register if travelling).